Okay, so this time I decided to take some footage from a couple of weeks ago to showcase some things that I’ve gotten done for the month of December:
I enjoyed putting this video together more than I thought I would and it took a lot less time than I anticipated as well so I’m thinking it would be a good idea to make more videos for future dev progress updates.
There was a lot of progress made this month even though the project’s not exactly where I’d like it to be right now.
Besides what’s shown in the video, here’s a quick breakdown of what all I’ve gotten done this month:
- All male and female custom player character hairstyles, skins, attachments, outfits, and faces ready for the demo.
- The design for the gameplay Hud UI.
- A few buldings for environments.
- The design for the character creation GUI.
- At least one digitally painted weapon type for each class.
- The GDD 90% completed (almost 80 pages)!
- The new title logo.
- The calm and battle tracks for the final stage in the game.
- The cannon attack animation for female characters.
- The female ADOL idle animation.
- Documentated abilities (for a new “trait” system) and Section ID names.
Some of these things took more than just this month alone to work on like the GDD and the composite character stuff for custom player characters.
As for the game’s character creator, I didn’t finish it as soon as I hoped. A storm hit my area causing a power outage for several hours yesterday, so I wasn’t able to work on the game, unfortunately.
But, that’s okay. Game development is usually a very long and involved process so unexpected setbacks and delays shouldn’t come as a surprise. Besides, I don’t think I’ve ever heard of a “perfect” development process for any game up until now.
In my honest opinion, the closest one to being “perfect” in recent memory would’ve been the development of Divinity Original Sin 2 but even Larian Studios experienced a power outage on the game’s launch day.
Any delays here right now are minor compared to that. But, as long as I’m getting at least one thing done (whether big or small) once a day, I’m making progress and I think that’s really the important thing.